Atenolol for slightly high blood pressure

I recently was prescribed a low dosage of Atenolol for slightly high blood pressure...?
However, I havent taken it yet because I am always afraid of taking new pills. My blood pressure ONLY gets high when I go to the doctor because (because I always get nervous) but when I test it at home, it is always normal. However, I have arythmias and sometimes my heart will throw itself out of rhythm and beat very fast, and then throw itself back into rhythm. SO, my question is...should I take this low dosage of atenolol even though my blood pressure usually isnt high?? And how will it affect my arythmias?
Mon, 14 Dec 2009