Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

At what rate does the height grow in a teenaged girl ?

i m 14 years old girl, my height was 4.10 inches six months ago , will my height increase more or not and my weight was 41 kg at that time. please tell me
Asked On : Sat, 26 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello pratibha ;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The height of a female will increase till 18 yrs and the height is determined by the genes so you will get height proportionate to your parents.Also the height increases in spurts so it will start increasing again do not worry.Just take a healthy diet and do not worry.
Answered: Tue, 19 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases Dr. Hema Yadav's  Response
Hi , are ur parents short statured?when have u got ur periods?final ht of a person depends on genetics + environmental factors.most imp for u now is to have aa good diet rich in iron n vitamins.alsou can try swimming or stretching exercises.take care
Answered: Tue, 19 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor