Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Assaulted, showing degenerative. Where can I find more information about it?<br>

Hi I was assaulted whilst driving and kicked in the back I now suffer back pain MRI scan showing degenerative changes in the lumbar spine with dehydration of the L1/L2 and L4/L5 intervertebral discs. Also grade 2 spondylolisthese of L4 on L5. I have not had this explained as to what the problem is as it says it is degenerative. I am in my late 30 S
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for coming to HCM. Lumbar degenerative disc disease generally starts with an injury to lower back, mostly twisting injury. It is common in the your age group. You can take some anti-inflammatory medicines available over-the-counter and for pain. If required, you can visit orthopedic specialist who can advice physical therapy & exercises to strenthen hamstrings & lower back muscles. Applying heat/ice also help some people.

Orthopedic specialist from HCM can add their opinion.

Wish you feel better soon.
Answered: Thu, 28 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor