Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

As I have yeast infection my vagina has dried with different type of discharge. How can it be cured ?

Hello. I recently was treated for a yeast infection. About 3 weeks later My vagina dried up. It is so dry my discharge turns to the consistency of mashed potatoes. It has no odor and does not itch. However, my last yeast infection had no symptoms either: my pap showed I had a yeast infection.
Asked On : Mon, 20 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  264
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
you need to see a gynecologist for the problem. Yeast infection usually causes thick dirty/curdy white discharge. It is usually associated with foul smell and itching. You need to keep clotrimazole pessaries vaginally and oral fluconazole tablet. Meanwhile keep the area clean, dry, wear only cotton panties, and drink plenty of water. As you are getting recurrent yeast infection, may require prolonged treatment. Also get your blood glucose test done to rule out diabetes and tests for other associated immuno deficiency states. Take care.
Answered: Fri, 1 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor