As I am a victim of g6pd will it effect my HIV testing result ?

doc,i am a g6pd patients,soo dat will affect the hiv testing result of i done?
Wed, 18 Apr 2012
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  
Hi haiz;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
No sir G6PD is a deficiency of a sort in blood .In person like you some medicines are contraindicated but as for the test of HIV or any kind it will not affect the result of any test so no need to worry.
Thanks
HIV AIDS Specialist Dr. (Prof). Ram's  Response
NO
General Surgeon Dr. Mitesh R. Trivedi's  Response
hello friend.
As you mentioned you are a patient of glucose 6 phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency.
In this condition there will breakdown of red blood cells when they come in contact with some particular chemical which have oxidant property.
So, your hiv testing will not be affected by the condition..