Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Arthritis in the SI joint. Severe pain in the pelvic and hip area. Had club foot in childhood. Treatment?

I was born with a clubfoot (right). It was corrected at that time. I have always known that my structure wasn't even just by little things I noticed. Last year I seen an orthopedic about an extreme amount of pain that felt like was coming from my pelvic and hip bone area. After examining me and doing x-rays, he discovered that I have arthritis in my SI joint on the right side to where the broad ligaments are pretty close together, which the doctor had said doesn't let something flow through (sorry that I can't remember exactly what he said) and causes inflammation. He told me this is all due to the right side of my body 3/4" shorter then my left and that all of my muscles and everything were being pulled and strained constantly. He had gave me very small things to do, and did send me to physical therapy, though wasn't able to go enough to even see if it would really work, but he told me no exercising and that included walking. His office no longer takes my insurance, so I am not sure what to do from here, but I am tired of not exercising and feel not doing anything (minus the small things he told me to do) isn't making anything better. I want to work out to strengthen everything in my body, tighten up loose skin in my mid-section due to pregnancy, tighten up in general and to feel healthy and happy, but I do not know what I can do or where to start or anything. I don't want to make anything worse of course, so am trying to take precautions and do the proper research. So far I am coming up empty. I am also curious to know if there is something I can do or that can be done to balance out my body's structure, which I am assuming will help pull the broad ligaments more apart as they should be. In case age and sex is a factor, I am 24, turning 25 in April, and am female. Any and all help would be more than greatly appreciated and thank you (to all that may reply) in advance.

Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The balancing of the body structure can either be done by muscle strengthening exercises or by surgery. The clinical assessment of the severity of disability is needed to decide regarding the treatment options.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Fri, 10 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor