Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Arms tingly from the elbow down,two fingers on the right hand have no strength. Allergic reaction? Do I need to go to the ER?

Both my arms are tingly from the elbow down and two fingers on the right hand have no strength. I was working in a rubber factories compound mixing room where my hands were swelling , the people at work kept telling to go back in even though I was having an allergic reaction to something in that room. Do I need to go to the ER? They feel very cold
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Radiologist 's  Response

Thanks for your question.

The symptoms seem to be more of neurological rather than allergic.Most probably the nerves of the upper limb are compressed or injured.Had it been allergic,it wont last for a long duration and removing the source of allergy would have cured your symptoms.

So kindly answer few question's;

What is your age?
Did you have trauma to the hand,elbow, Shoulder of that side or of Neck?
Apart from tingling is it associated with pain?
Dou you have Diabetes Mellitus?

I will advice you following:

Give rest to your limb.Avoid strenous works.

Starting anti-inflammatory drugs will reduce your swelling of hand and will also cure the neurological symptoms of hand, as the nerve might be compressed with the swelling.

Take Methylcobalamin tabs as it will take care of the nerves.

Even if the symptoms don't subside consult an orthopaedician.

Wish you a healthy life.

Best wishes.
Answered: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor