Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Armpit rash, itchy, discharging foul smelling liquid

Hi, i have an armpit rash . I ve had it for almost a year. Well,it itches really bad and when i scratch it,it burns after. It lets out body liquid which smells really strange.The rash is sometimes is flakey and sometimes moist, the part that is infected looks like two swollen lips . What should i do,i m worried. Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  159
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,   ,  
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hello seem to have an infected eczematous rash ..This kind of a disorder is frequently recurrent and scratching increases the chances of it getting infected.Since it is already a year now, I would suggest that you visit a dermatologist and get a course of Antibiotic, antiallergic required.. should not use any deodorants or OTC products in the area.Topical steroids may be added to reduce the occurrance of eczema as and when required.Well, there is nothing to worry about ,just a timely management is helpful..
Answered: Tue, 15 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor