Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Arm injury, skin peeling, large lump under scar, growing in size. Treatment?

Hi,about a year and a half ago i fell on barnacles at the beach and sliced off some skin.I went into the hospital and got stitches after they cleaned my arm .They didn t do x-rays or anything and i may have chipped my bone.I now have a big lump under the scar and it seems to be growing.And it sometimes hurts.What is this?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  54
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dec 2012
It is possible (with any trauma be it high energy or low energy) that you could have had a fracture (probably tiny). Maybe after examining you, the health care professionals did not deem it necessary to demand an x-ray. Now, if you are developing bulging and pain beneath the area of scar, it is mostly like be an abscess (boil) developing due to infection as there is a previous breach of skin which would predispose to easy attend by common germs. So the advice is to visit your doctor for evaluation. Antibiotics and antiinflammatory could resolve the situation easily if it is an abscess. If it collects into pus, it might need to be excised and drained for better healing. I will also advise an X-ray to rule out any possibility of an infected neglected fracture (osteomyelitis).

Hope this helps
Answered: Sun, 23 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor