Are white patches in the neck region hereditary?

Hi..one of my relative father has white patched in his neck region. When enquired about it he mentioned that was due to vitamin deficiency. My question is this white patch hereditary? Also is there any chances of this being transferred to the next generation?
Thu, 28 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

As per your case history of white patches, my treatment advice is -
1. It is not a hereditary condition, so don't worry.
2. Avoid sun exposure and use a good sunscreen lotion with spf more than 30.
3. Apply a tacrolimus 0.03 %ointment twice daily on affected skin.

If problem persists then consult a dermatologist.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.