Are ulcers harmful during an radioactive iodine treatment?

I have been diagnosed with Hyper Thyroid and my Dr. wants me to have the Radioactive Iodine treatment. I have not been diagnosed with a ulcer, but I was wondering if having a ulcer would affect the treatment. Also I was wondering if doing the natural treatment first might be the way to go. I am uncertain about the Radioactive Iodine treatment although I ve been told by 2 Dr. friends that I should get it.
Wed, 12 Oct 2016
Endocrinologist 's  Response
Hi dear user
I have gone trough your question.

Radioactive iodine treats hyperthyroidism by gradually shrinking your thyroid and ultimately destroying the gland. Unlike antithyroid medications, radioactive iodine is a permanent and more reliable cure for hyperthyroidism.

So, if two doctors told you to do this treatement,i think that you should follow their advice.

Having a ulcer doesn't affect the treatement.A very rare side efect of radioactive iodine ablation in patients with low white blood cells is that it may develop mouth ulcers but generally it is very effective, is safe and rarely causes side-effects.

Hope i have answered to your question.If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Best regards.
Dr Elona