Are trigger fingers an indication of rheumatoid arthritis?

Does having multiple trigger fingers indicate the beginning of RA? I am a retired RN after 48 years of service to the medical profession and really do not know. I have developed these in several fingers on both hands and was wondering. Have not asked my PCP because I just got a new one. I am 75 years old. Sorry I do not have the $15.00 to pay for an answer as I am on SS and just recently adopted 2 of my great-grandchildren age 7 and 12. There is just no extra money for this. Thank you for you time anyway. Susan Mallory RNR
Mon, 6 Nov 2017
Hi and welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thank you for your query. I am Dr. Rommstein, I understand your concerns and I will try to help you as much as I can.

Trigger finger may or may not be consequance of RA. Usually this is late sign of RA so it rarely begins with this.
YOu should try with nonsteroid painkillers such as ibuprofenum or Ketorlac first.
Strapping your affected finger or thumb to a plastic splint can ease your symptoms by stopping your finger moving. If your finger is particularly stiff in the morning, it may help to use a splint overnight.
Corticosteroids are thought to work by reducing swelling of the tendon, allowing the tendon to move freely again. This can sometimes happen within a few days of having the injection, but it usually takes a few weeks.
Sirgery is the last option and may be recommended if the above treatments don't work or are unsuitable

I hope I have answered you query. If you have any further questions you can contact us in every time.
Kindly regards. Wish you a good health.