Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
177 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Are these electrical shock symptoms?

I was listening to music while jamming with the guitar when all of sudden from my left arm I feel this rush of electrical like current rush up my neck to my face. Any idea what can cause such thing to happen? What is the outcome if I don t seek medical attention? I have also an ADHD nuero disorder I don t know if that s the cause. Is it ??
Mon, 16 Jun 2014
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello dear,

The electric current like sensations as mentioned in your post are Neurological in nature.
It can be due to:

1. Para-spinal muscle spasm or compression of nerve fibers due to incorrect posture.
2. Entrapment of nerve fibers at the Axillary region.
3. Dietary deficiencies of certain nutrients like Iron, Calcium, Vitamin D, Vitamin B 12, Folic acid, etc. which help in blood formation & nerve conduction.
4. Peripheral neuropathy secondary to any fluctuation in blood pressure or blood sugar levels.

Symptomatic relief can be obtained by intake of nervigenic agents (like Vitamin B6, Vitamin B 12, Folic acid) as well as multivitamin & multimineral supplements including iron, calcium & Vitamin D needs to be added in your diet.
Physiotherapy & postural exercise will also be helpful.

If symptoms still persist, kindly consult a Neurologist & get a complete Neurological examination done.
Certain investigations like complete blood count, serum electrolyte estimation, fresh estimation of blood pressure & blood sugar levels & nerve conduction studies will be helpful to rule out any pathological cause for the symptoms.

Wishing you a Good Health.
Take care.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I am getting electric shock on and off whwenever i touch some items. I am a 23 year old male and have no history of any disease or medication....