Are there safer medicines for migraine apart from Botox shots, Verapamil and Maxalt?

I currently take fioricet without codeine. I also take Botox shots every 12 weeks for chronic migraines and I take verapimil for a preventative. I am also taking celexa for anxiety and take other medications for blood pressure and cholesterol. I also carry with me maxalt in case I start migraines. Is there a safer more effective Iine of medication to be prescribed?
Fri, 11 Jan 2019
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.

I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

You didn't specify in which terms you wanted to know about prescription of medication. The medication that are prescribed are based on the condition that you have. The migraine medicines are not first line, so I would assume that , it didn't respond to Beta Blockers or Verapamil alone.

Wishing you the best of health.

Thanks,
Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil,