Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Are there any specialist to treat relapsing polychondritis ?

I was diagnosed with relapsing polychondritis and would like to find a specialist here in california to confirm. I am undergoing treatment with a cocktail of prednisone, methotrexate, and folic acid. My ears keep flaring and draining. I feel horrible most days. I want to be sure I am being treated for the right condition because I am still suffering. I am a 39 year old female who has battled with major ear inflammation and infections for four years now. The inflammation went from 2 -3 times per year to everyother week. My body was constantly hurting. Everyday was a new pain somewhere. What should I do? Are there any specialist in my area that could see me?
Asked On : Fri, 3 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  578
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
welcome to HCM
read your prob, this is auto imune disease in which cartilage start to damage. treatment of this is reduse our immune system by giving immunosuppresent which you take. it affact mostly ear nose throat n joints. you are confuse that the drugs which you taken are right or not , ok these drugs are immunosuppresnt,these are drug of choice, if you feel not better after taking it other immunosupppresnt are also available like cyclosporin etc, but they have more side effect .
you should start ayurvedic treatment along with this treatment, you must feel better .
contect me on Dr aseem saraswa
Answered: Fri, 1 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor