Are there any side effects of using Levosiz M for long time ?

Hello Doctor, Have been taking levosiz m for the last 3 years and am not able to stop this. I need to take atleast one tablet for every 2 days. Else i will get wheezing and i wont be able to breathe comfortably. Is there any side effects due to this levosiz m
Thu, 27 Feb 2014
Thank you for the query.
You are taking levosiz m which contains levocetrizine and montelukast which are antihistaminic and LT antagonist respectively used to treat allergic disorders mainly.
Side effects of this medicine are few and mainly occur when you used for long time like dizziness,drowsiness,nausea,increase in the sleep(sedation),diarrhea ,dry mouth etc.It is not good to take this tablet for long time.You consult a doctors specialized in allergic diseases.There are certain tests like IgE assay etc which should be done and he will tell you about better options than to take this medicine for so long time.
Hope this helps.
Thank you.