Are there any side effects of not taking Risperdal for bi-polar diagnosis?

my son has been taking Risperdal for bi-polar diagnosis for several years now. He ran out of it due to a glitch in the pharmacy he uses and his health provider. He has not been able to take this medicine for 3 days now. Hopefully, later today he will be able to pick the medicine up. He is experiencing leg tremors, internal upset, but, he says, no mental upsets, just general malaise. Is this an effect of not taking this medicine?
Mon, 18 Mar 2019