• question-icon

Are there any side effects of Dermovate cream during pregnancy?

I am using Dermovate cream to treat a mild case of Eczema. My wife is in the 1st trimester of our 1st pregnancy and is concerned that there may be some effects from the cream coming in contact with her skin during the night. is this a possibility and if so should I stop using the cream?
Mon, 21 Oct 2019

I suggest stopping using Dermovate cream during pregnancy. It is a steroid cream. Most steroid creams are contraindicated during pregnancy as there is some topical absorption and side effects in the fetus.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician