Are there any alternative treatment options for meibomian gland dysfunction other than using a warm compress?

i been diagnose with meibomian gland dinsfuction and i was advise to put hot compress under my eyes for this every day the problem is thatt is causing me a lot lof wrinkles under my eyes and myy face i found an eye hot massager that can bring heat to the are is it ok to use this instead of the warm mask thank you
Tue, 20 Nov 2018
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

It is better to go for hot fomentation. It should be luck warm and moist wet fomentation as it is better than dry heat. The second opinion can be taken for surgery. If it is possible then surgery is the best.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash,
Ophthalmologist