Are the medicines the right ones for oligospermia?

Hi Doc,

I'm having low sperm count (Oligoasthrenospermia) Gynaec. has suggested me to take the following mentioned medicines.

Can you advise whether these medicines are the right one for curing Oligospermia ??

Tab Doxx 100 mg

Tab Metro 400 mg

Cap 4 U Q10

Cap Beco zinc

Kindly advise

Thanks
Mon, 19 Oct 2015
Urologist 's  Response
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on your statement that you have been detected to have Oligospermia as revealed on semen analysis and your Dr has prescribed medicine to increase the sperm count .

To be true I would state that there are no medications so far proved to be effective in increasing the sperm count .

Following general measures will help to increase sperm count to some extent .
1) Practice regular exercise for 45 minutes followed by meditation for 1/2 an hour in the morning.
2) Take high protein diet rich in vegetables and fruits and Vitamin A,C,D,E.and Zinc
3)Take anti oxidants like Almonds 5-6 everyday..
4) Avoid alcohol and smoking.

Dr.Patil.