Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Are the clicking sounds that I often hear from different joints in my body a sign of Arthritis ?

Hi, when I walk around you can always here my bones/ joints clicking. you cant really hear it most of the times cos theres loads of other noise. However, during the evening different parts of my body give of this clicking sound, especially my feet and ankles. I wondered if this might be a sign of arthritis or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
Asked On : Sat, 5 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  57
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The clicking sound from the joints is just a normal variation and it does not mean that you are likely to have arthritis. As long as there is no pain associated with it, there is nothing to worry and no treatment or investigations are needed.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Tue, 16 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor