Thank you for asking at HCM.
I went through your relative's history and would like to know moredetails about him like:
a. What is his age? b. I would like to know about the episode of reduced BP - how it happened, what was the diagnosis. c. I would like to know any other medical conditions he may have as well as any other medications he may be taking on frequent/regular basis.
From your given history, I would like to make suggestions for him as follows:
1. Were I treating him, I would prescribe him regular anti0histamines like levocetirizine
. I may add montelukast
to his regular treatment if no response with above.
2. I usually prescribe a short course of corticosteroids
if his itching & rashes are very severe and do not respond to above treatment. Once they are controlled with corticosteroids, they may be safely withdrawn under doctor's guidance.
3. I would also suggest him a good multivitamin
supplement containing adequate vitamin B complex.
4. I would also suggest him to apply lotion like calamine
over itchy areas.
5. Stress can aggravate allergies, hence I usually suggest my stressed patients regular meditation
& yoga to reduce stress.
Diagnosis requires detailed evaluation of all his symptoms including his past medical history and family history.
Hope above suggestions will be helpful to you.
Should you have any further query, please feel free to ask at HCM.
Wish him the best of the health.
Thank you & Regards.