Are results of echocardiogram definitive?

Hi--- I had low voltage on an EKG, and have since had a follow up echocardiogram (results not in yet). I am a 53 year old female, overweight at 192 lbs, 5 6 , but have not had high cholesterol or blood pressure. I have lately been experiencing chest pain and tightness, but am also being treated for anxiety. As heart disease runs in my family I am concerned it could be serious. Will the results from the echo be definitive that nothing is wrong or should I pursue more testing? Thank you!
Wed, 15 Oct 2014
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hi...i understood your query...
Echocardiogram is advanced tests to evaluate your cardiac function...It is quite informative...
Looking to your history...as you are obese and also family history of cardiac disease...you should be watchfull...
by c/o chest pain and tightness...you should be watchfull....though anxiety is there...but you should rule out underlying disease if any....
There are different special type of Echo...like stress echo.../ M-mode/2-D...
If your result require special mode which your physician not using ...you should go for special mode....keep in close touch with your cardiologist...
Thanks...for contacting Health care magic...