Are red circular spots in the legs and pain in the joints of the legs symptoms of an underlying disease?

I have had a red circular spot, approx 1/2 on the front of my leg, above, the ankle for several weeks now. No pain, no itching, no swelling, not much of a discernible center. It has a crusty covering. I don t have ticks around and hardly go outside much. After 2 weeks I have started to develop some muscle and joint ache. I assumed at that point to be getting the flu, which I have had for a week now. Don t know what the spot is or if these recent symptoms are related. Any ideas?
Wed, 21 Aug 2019