Are rashes on the buttocks signs of herpes?

I have a rash at the top of my butt crack I also had a rash on my bikini line I was worried it was herpes but has basically cleared up I have no pain during urination or anything of that sort and the last time I had unprotected sex was over a week ago could it be herpes? Like I said no pain during urination no blisters and no vaginal itching
Fri, 31 May 2019

Since there were no blisters, and the location is not typical for herpes, I would suspect it was not herpes.

It could have been a contact dermatitis, but regardless since it is cleared now I don't think you need to be concerned about it.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Aaron Branch, General & Family Physician