Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Are raised bumps on my face with dark sunken centers a kind of acne ?

I have raised bumps on my face , that have dark sunken centres. They look like tiny volcanos. They do not come to a head , and they do not go away. I use OTC anti acne remedies from Neutrogena, and talc free powder makeup. I am 51 and am peri menopausal; I had regular acne as a teen and when I was pregnant , but hardly any in the past 20 years. Might this be a different kind of acne? If so, how do I treat it?
Asked On : Tue, 14 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  406
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
It appears you have scratched off the tops of the acne or they have just appeared as shalow crater like lesions. It could be Molluscum contagoisum. Do you have any such lesions anywhere else in the body. The Dermatologist would recommend Trichloroacetic acid astringent or Cyrotherapy but after confirmation. Kindly show it to the Dermatologist. Avoid sun exposure. Wear sunscreen.
Answered: Tue, 14 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor