Are polyps at the base of the tongue dangerous?

Hey, I have these weird things hanging off the bottom of my tongue. Not entirely sure how to describe it but it almost looks like a fish egg or tentacle. Its not painful but I m aware that it s there. Just want to make sure its nothing serious or if it is serious to seek medical attention
Mon, 25 Aug 2014
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
Thanks for your query, I have gone through your query.
The polyp kind of area you are describing looks like a salivary gland duct opening in the floor of the mouth where the tongue is attached. Or the other possible cause could be a inflammatory hyperplasia of the mucosa where the tongue joins the floor of the mouth. Nothing to be panic. If it becomes symptomatic or increase in size consult a oral physician.
I hope my answer will help you, take care.