Are painful bump on the chest, fever and headache a cause for concern?

I have been having severe headaches for the past 3 days with pain in my neck, chills, and 2 days ago I was running a fever as high as 101.4. I have been very tired and was nauseous this morning. I also have redish bumps on my chest that seem to be traveling. They are sensitive to touch and one of them is very painful. I don t know if I should see doctor, or if it is a virus that seems to be going around.
Thu, 7 Mar 2019

It looks like a viral rash, get physically examined. Since you are getting fever with chills you will be needing antibiotics.

You are complaining of neck pain, which can occur due to sprained muscles, infected lymph nodes or Meningitis which can have life-threatening consequences. You ought to get CBC, Urinalysis, CSF to rule out meningitis.

In the meantime take Acetaminophen (Tylenol) to get relieved. Maintain proper neck posture while sitting or walking/sleeping. Stay away from addictions if any. Do stretch exercises. Get treated without delay.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Nupur K, General & Family Physician