Are nose bleeds a matter of concern?

I seemed to be getting a cold or maybe allergies I used a nasal spray and I’m having a nose bleed there seemed to be a clot in the back that maybe the nasal spray broke loose. It started to bleed when I laid down I had a breath right strip on my nose but I removed it it seems to have l slowed way down .... should I be concerned?
Tue, 17 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Nose bleeds may be due to dryness or injury to blood vessels or infection or hypertension or thrombocytopenia etc. Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is. Use nasal packing or apply pressure for 30-50secons. Use antibiotics, use tablet pantoprazole before breakfast for one week. If symptoms not improved please consult your ENT specialist he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.