Are nausea,stomach pain and diarrhea symptoms of IBS?

My Dr thinks I have IBS but I am going to a GI dr in Jan.. My stools are heavy & stick to the toilet.. I have what feel like an attack after I eat certain foods..Usually nausea & stomach pain for a day or two.. Also, diarrhea is the norm for me.. Any idea of what this can be or just maybe IBS? Thank-you..
Thu, 10 Apr 2014
hello and thank you for asking HCM,

I understand your concern.
Your symptoms are very specific for IBS, but definitely go to your gastroenterologist to make proper examination. IBS is often psychosomatic.
Until visiting your GI try to eat smaller meals, drink a lot of fluids and try to avoid food which causes diarrhea. If certain foods make your signs and symptoms worse, don't eat them. Alcohol, chocolate, caffeinated beverages such as coffee and sodas, medications that contain caffeine, dairy products, and sugar-free sweeteners such as sorbitol or mannitol can improve your symptoms. If gas is a problem for you, foods that might make symptoms worse include beans, cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli. Fatty foods may also be a problem for some people. Chewing gum or drinking through a straw can both lead to swallowing air, causing more gas.

I hope this answer was helpful to you.