Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Are my ears infected because of my earrings ?

So i repierced my ears last week, the first few days my ears were fine, but then my ears started hurting when i move my earrings, like just by touching it & moving it, or even getting my sweater off and it touches my ears. Now it seems like it's scabbing over my earrings with this hard stuff, and there seems to be a sticky liquid substance coming out of my ears with sometimes blood. What should i do? Is it because maybe my ears are allergic to the fake earrings or what?
Asked On : Thu, 6 May 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  763
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Nephrologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.

I have reviewed your query and here is my advice. Yes, your ears are definitely infected. Please remove the piercings immediately. Apply ciplox ear drops to it.
Seek help from an ENT surgeon. Piercings should be done with utmost care and also make sure the instruments are as sterile as possible.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha
Answered: Tue, 13 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor