Are my delayed periods due to pregnancy ? How soon will a pregnancy test kit confirm pregnancy ?

Respected Sir, I already have one daugher who is 6years old. I want to go for another baby. Since last 3 months I am having irregular periods may be due to physical & mental stress as my husband was not well.Normally iave my periods on the 28th day but in the month of Feb I had it on 32nd day, in the month of March it was 28th day but again in the month of April it was only after 15 days. We did sex on 17th of april. The home pregnancy test done thrice gave the result negative. But my periods that was due on 1st May has not yet turned up. Please advise.
Tue, 24 Jan 2012