Are lower backache and abdominal cramps symptoms of pregnancy?

Hi... I’m wondering if I’m pregnant... this would be my third child but the symptoms are different... I don’t know if I missed a period because I stopped breastfeeding a few months ago and my hormones are still getting back to normal but, I’ve been having lower back pain for over a week, I feel tired all the time and today I started having PMS.. lots of cramps...
I don’t know what to think... I have the same symptoms I had in my 2nd and 3rd trimesters with my two frost kids... should I just have a pregnancy test?
Mon, 18 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Some women may not get periods while breastfeeding. And they may ovulate and conceive before getting periods. The symptoms you are having could be due premenstrual syndrome also as you mentioned. As you may get periods after long time, PMS could be comparatively severe. If you want to be sure, please go for preferably blood test for pregnancy. If beta HCG levels are more than 25 mIU/ml, there is possibility of pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.