Are itching and excessive sweating side effects of Niacin overdose?

I have been on two 500 mg. Niacin for several years for cholesterol and triglycerides. The last two weeks I have been itching a lot, all over but mostly upper torso. I also sweat more than normal. There is no rash, and I feel the only thing it can be is the niacin. What should I do?
Tue, 5 Mar 2019
Addiction Medicine Specialist 's  Response

These occur in most people on niacin. there are varieties of niacin called "no flush" that has another chemical to lower those feelings. It doesn't really work. It is probably worth checking to see if the niacin is working and that there are not other issues going on.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Matt Wachsman,
Addiction Medicine Specialist