Are hot flashes and amenorrhea symptoms of menopause?

Hello my name is Lisa Heard, and I am about to turn 50 at the end of June... I am suffering with hot flashes and have not had a cycle in the past 3 month, if there is any bleeding it is very faint and only appears when I wipe and then it may be gone... I do have fibroids that may also have something to do with my bleeding. I have gone to my doctor to see if i am menopausing and they said that my hormones numbers were normal.
Thu, 28 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

You may be in perimenopausal period meaning fount to be. It is possible to have irregular sporting and hot flashes.However gynaec check up with scan is recommended.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.