Are heart palputations normal ?

Are heart palputations normal ?
Thu, 17 Dec 2009
's  Response
I wouldn't say "normal", maybe pretty common. Check this website out, has some useful information- causes, dietary cures, symptoms, etc.

I am a 24 and a half year old white female with 3 children ages 4 and under. My heart rate is normally on the higher side when I am pregnant and that s pretty much the only time I ever check it. But I ve been checking it a lot the past few days and every time it s been between 101-109bpm. Even after just waking up after sleeping. Sometimes I do feel like my heart is racing. Is this something I should get checked out by a doctor?

I am a 33 yr old female and I swear I have heart issues. I have had so many test done for my heart and everything has come back 100% normal. i have had countless number of EKG s I have a 48 heart montior I had a echo of my heart. my bp is a little high (bottom number in the low 80 s) my cholesterol total is 166. I do suffer from panic/anxiety and my Dr (bless his heart he is awesome) says all the things I feel is related to my panic not heart. Is there really anything else they could do to test my heart or did I pretty get everything? My doc said he wouldn t send me for a cardic cath cuz everything else was fine. Yes I do take meds to my panic attacks.

im ONLY 15 YEARS OLD and i started smoking marijuana and i started to have panic attacks and anxiety problems probobly because i was on anxiety medicine while smoking mary jane but yeah i started feeling flutters in the middle of my chest imbetween the two nipples and when i bend over sometimes i can feel the flutter THAT LASTS 1-2 SECONDS but sometimes it just hits me out of the middle of nowhere and its very disturbing my family has a history of acid reflux and im very athletic i play soccer and basketball every day 2-3 hours a day and i went to the docter and had ekg and heart monitor everything normal and i dont want to live with this forever i quit smoking and i only had smoked for a month and i do have some chest pains under the left nipple that last a second and the pain feels better when burping aswell but some one please help me on here im new send me a message about whats wrong with me or what you think it is THANK YOU!

Recent questions on  Cardiovascular disease

I recently had an ECG after an abnormal EKG. The ECG showed vent. rate 108bpm Sinus tachycardia, PR interval 158 ms, possible left atrial enlargement, QRS duration 88 ms , nonspecific ST abnormality, QT/QTc 368/493 ms, abnormal ECG, P-R-T axes 70 48 58 and prolonged QT. The cardiologist didn t seem very concerned and felt the abnormality was because of the medication I was taking - remeron for sleeping; I suffer from chronic insomnia. I have been on this medication for over two years and have never had any side effects or problems with it. In the past three-four months, however, I have been experiencing chest pains, some severe which is why I went to my physician to get the first EKG which showed a fast heart beat and was referred to the cardiologist for an ECG, EKG and a stress test. I was only on the treadmill for maybe 4 1/3 minutes before I experienced SOB and chest pains. They repeated the ECG and I was told it was abnormal and to discuss my medications with my psychiatrist and that I had nothing to worry about. When I see abnormal ECG, EKG and am taking nitro tablets with a family history of heart disease (father COPD, CHF and angioplasty; grandfather died of a heart attack), I have a tendency not to believe the doctor. I have not even been contacted by my physician for a follow-up visit. Should I be concerned. Cancer also runs in my family; my father died of colon, liver CA and I am breast cancer survivor. I d appreciate your comments. Should I seek another opinion? Thanks, Mary Kopco YYYY@YYYY I am a 61 y.o. white female, 137 lbs w/ hx of cancer (bilateral mastectomy and hysterectomy for CA of uterus), osteoporosis and osteoarthritis, high cholesterol (328), allergic to any statin drugs, being treated with Zetia 10 mg 1 x/day. Presently taking nitro tabs for chest pain, oxybutityn for overactive bladder, clonazepam 1mg 3x/day for anxiety and depression. I look forward to your response. Thank you.

hi my father was 76 and died of ischaemic heart disease and severe coronary atherosclerosis: heart hypertrophy and chronic congestive heart failure he was waiting for tests to be done with waiting lists 14 weeks i need to know if he could of been cured if he was seen sooner rather than later

Hi I had sever mitral',valve reguritation in june when was pregnant, my last heart scan showed the leaking had slowed/stopped, I am due another heart scan next week, but these last few days been experiencing bad circulation in my feet when i get out of bed, have always had in my hands but never my feet,'will this be due to my heart problem?

Hello Dr, 41 year old, non-smoker, 1-5 units of alcohol a week, active, no other health issues. Family history of heart problems (Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy ), have been checked and do not have it, although have a slight thickening of arterial knuckle which gets monitored. I m getting what feels like pulses or faint flutters from my oesophagus region to the top of my sternum region, these symptoms are infrequent during the day to sometimes non-existent, but at night the symptoms only occur when laid on my back or on my left side (they disappear when I m lying on my right side?) and feel more constant with a heart beat ie pulses at a constant rate. Occasionally have slight breathlessness since this has started 1 week ago. Now I ve had a slight upset stomach (although not constipated I ve not been regular) the last week and the symptoms do seem to be more present when I have heavy feeling in my stomach and then subside once I pass wind. Is the pulses/flutter linked to this and could be a blockage and wind not escaping? Or something else?

How do I help my wife of 40 + years who has developed dementia in the last two, getting worse all the time: memory, mood etc. I try to do everything I can for her but she does not cooperate a good share of the time. She sits in a recliner all day...

i lack vitamin D & Vitamin B12 .how manage this two naturally ?

I had completed my routine blood check up 5 days back, I have attached my report. Please review my report & let me know on the actions that need to be taken, am currently consuming 125 mg of thyroxine