Are headache, fever and fatigue symptoms of the flu infection?

My son is 16 & has the following symptoms: headache, low grade fever, body aches & complains of being extremely tired. He came home from school yesterday with these symptoms & stayed home today. He seemed to be ok earlier today & said he felt better, but now he says the headache is back & he s very fatigued. His fever is back as well. Is this the flu?
Tue, 5 Mar 2019

his symptoms sound a lot like the flu. Despite that diagnosing anything from afar is impossible and a proper - in person - medical assessment is required. Influenza usually presents with temperatures higher than 37.8 degrees of Celsius and the body aches are typically very intense. Headache and sore throat are common. Sometimes the nose (rhinitis) is also involved but this symptoms is not usually the most prominent one. Similar symptoms may occur with other infections like bacterial pneumonia for example.

So in conclusion, your son's symptoms are probably due to the flu but a visit to the doctor is recommended for confirmation.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Dr Panagiotis Zografakis