Are energy drinks good for health?

Are energy drinks such as Rock Star dangerous? (Even the sugar free ones) My husband is 50, type 2 diabetic, and has had 2 massive surgeries in the past few years. Both involved an artery that mad it's way INSIDE of the stomach and then opening up. He now has 3 supplying blood to that region instead of 5. I can't seem to convince him that both soda (diet) and these drinks are horrible for him. I told him that if I find medical evidence to the contrary, then, I will lay off of him.
Tue, 16 Jan 2018
Hello,my name is dr.Dorina Gurabardhi.I understand your concern.
Energy drinks have caffeine, sugar and stimulants.
Energy drinks not only spike your blood sugar, but may also cause insulin resistance. This can increase the symptoms of type 2 diabetes.
Too much caffeine can cause nervousness, increase your blood pressure, and lead to insomnia.
Hope my answer was helpful.If you have any other question Ill be glad to help.
dr.Dorina Gurabardhi