Are delayed periods due to intake of Plan B?

Hi there, so regarding taking plan b in the month of December I had a period or what seemed to be on the 15th of December and another period that ended on December 30: the plan b pill was taken before the first period that occurred on the 15th which I think was caused by the pill but I am 2 days late for my period of the month of January. I am just wondering if there’s a possibility I could be pregnant or my system is just out of whack due to plan b?
Thu, 14 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Plan B contain high dose progesterone so it can delay period for week. But if your period delayed for week, then better to rule out pregnancy by urine hCG card test.

Hope this will help you.