Are cough and chest pain symptoms of asbestosis?

I have been diagnosed with asbestosis - Worked in a hospital for 25 yrs. The building is still standing but the city has not yet decided to demolish it because it is too expensive.A recent CT scan showed asbestosis L) lung. I quit working at the age of 55. I am now 88 and have had a cough and some pain in my left posterior chest radiating to my left arm. Could this be a symptom of Asbestosis?
Tue, 19 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Your symptoms could definitely be caused by asbestosis. However, chest pain and persistent cough can be caused by many conditions and should always lead to further investigations, e.g. ECG, echocardiogram, chest x-ray or CT of your thorax.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Pulmonologist Dr. Jnikolla's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

As you explain the history, yes it might be the sign of asbestosis. You should be examined by a pulmonologist.