Are constant cough and back pain signs of esophageal cancer?

Hello doctor(s),
Im a 22 year old Male - Ive been coughing for about a year, and recently started having gagging episodes 10-15 times a day. Ive been given Proton Pump Inhibitors. For the past few days, Ive been experiencing a strange back pain when I swallow food. No Dysphagia though, just Odynophagia. So far its been found that I do NOT have H pylori, or ulcers, or gallstones etc. But we still havent done an endoscopy. Im being told to wait 4 weeks to get that done. My concern is, do my symptoms resemble esophegal cancer? And is 4 weeks a lot of time for this possible cancer to develop? Im so anxious I havent been to work in a week and its destroying my mind. ANy advice would help so much ....
Mon, 27 Jul 2015