Are confusion and disorientation followed by fainting symptoms of Alzheimer s disease?

My 78 year old father recalls feeling confused and disoriented while exercising in the gym yesterday. He then passed out and hit his head, losing consciousness. The gym employees described what they thought was a seizure following his fall. He has no cardiac or other general health issues and takes no medications. He recently had a full checkup which he passed very well. Paramedics took him to the hospital, and it was estimated he had lost consciousness for 15 minutes. CAT scan and MRI were fine. They released him today and gave him anti-seizure meds and ordered him not to be alone for two weeks. My sister is convinced he has Alzheimer s because he repeated himself once on Christmas day. I have seen no evidence of that whatsoever.
Mon, 2 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Confusion, disorientation and losing consciousness are not typical signs of Alzheimer disease.
It usually begins with memory loss of important and daily events in life, problems with speaking, writing, understanding situations, poor judgment, changes in mood.
It needs 2-4 years to get worse. After that the patient may feel depression, serious difficulties in everyday life.

I don't think that your father has signs of Alzheimer's disease.
The best thing to do is to give him this anti seizure medications and observe him these two weeks.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.