Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Are boils in underarms a symptom of HIV? History of TB. Have regular cough and cold. Reason?

Hi I read that if we get boils in the underarms area it can be a symptom of HIV I was treated for TB last year and was cured completely but after also i do have cold and cough on regular basis. I have done my blood tests several times for HIV but every time it is Negative I have done this 4 times in last 6 months.As I am afraid that why i am having all these diseases. Kindly advice what to do
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  535
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Boils in the underarms is due to infection,mainly of hair follicles.It is a common problem.It is not only seen in HIV positive people,but also others.It is not a specific feauture of HIV.HIV leads to decreased immunity and so there will be increased chance of infections.It does not mean that all the infections are due to HIV.
There is no relation between Boils and TB .
Cold and cough are due to allergy and superimposed infection.
Please take antibiotic like Azithromycin,Anti inflammatory drug along with antihistamine.
Wish you speedy recovery.
Answered: Sun, 3 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Priya S K's  Response
Thanks for coming to HCM. Please discuss with your physician regarding your symptoms who can do tests to confirm that your tuberculosis got cured completely.
Repeated non-specific infections can be due to poor immunity of body to fight against infectious organisms; HIV infection is one of the causes. Other common causes include poor nutrition status, dietary habits, stress level, and emotional status, excess sugar, alcohol intake, lack of sleep, and inactivity (lack of exercise). A common cause of recurrent infections is unhygienic living conditions. Please check for these than getting multiple blood tests.
Please ensure you follow safe sexual practices to avoid getting any sexually transmitted diseases (including HIV infection). You can contact a psychologist/psychiatrist if you need help further to alleviate your anxiety.
Wish you good health!
Answered: Sun, 3 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor