Are blisters in the mouth a side effect of using anesthesia mask?

Hi, can I answer your health question? Please type your question here... Hi, I had surgery on my wrist 2 days ago. They used the mask for anesthesia. I noticed that day I had blisters in my mouth. They’re getting worse as the days go by. I’ve also found more. Could I be allergic?
Wed, 13 Jun 2018
Hello and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Usually if you had allergy from the anesthesia or from the mask you would have started in those moments and not few hours later. Also, the effects would have started to get less, so you would have been better by now. So I don't think you are having an allergic reaction but the blisters in your mouth may be as a side effect from the exposure of anesthesia, or not related at all, but just a viral infection of the mouth which has caused the blisters. If you would like for me to have a look at then, I can also tell by eye if those are an allergy or an infection. Upload a photo and I will be happy to advise further.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Klarida Papaqako