Are Nupenta and dolokind correct medicines for pain between fingers?

age 66 years , ht...5 9 , wt. 76kg problem....swelling and pain between index finger and large finger on back o f the palms on both hands for last 7 months TEST done LFT.... ok, RA factor ...negative, uric acid hovers between 5.5 and 6.2 in last 6 months. current prescription....tablet Nupenta 40 and tab ..Dolokind SR please advise if the prescriptiion is ok or recomend. Hardip singh Bathinda punjab
Mon, 14 Jun 2021

Nupenta contains pantoprazole which belongs to the group of medications known as proton pump inhibitors or PPIs is used in the treatment of acid related problems of stomach and intestines like acid reflux or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), PUD or peptic ulcer disease, heartburn, indigestion etc. It helps to reduce the excessive acid production in the stomach. It is also used along with any type of painkillers, as painkillers are well known for GIT upset or gastric irritation.

Dolokind SR contains Aceclofenac that belongs to the group of medications known as non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or NSAIDS is used in the treatment of painful and inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, toothache, headache etc. It acts as a pain relieving medication. This medication should be taken with foods or or anti-ulcerants like Pantoprazole or Nupenta to prevent stomach upset. Both Nupenta and Dolokind SR are prescribed for rheumatoid arthritis. So, you should follow your doctor's prescription properly.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Zubayer Alam, General And Family Physician