Are Momoz cream and Betnesol Forte the right medicine for vitiligo?

i m suffering vitiligo white patches came around my both hands. looking ugly.. visit doctor, he suggest betnasol forte on saturday and sunday morning with omez after breakfast. also he gave me momoz cream. pls suggest what else I need to cure this white patches
Thu, 28 Apr 2016
Dentist 's  Response
Hi..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns..

As per your complain Vitiligo is a skin condition in which there is loss of pigmentation in patches in different areas of body thereby forming white patches on skin..
It occurs due to damage to the melanocytes in certain areas of body which are pigment producing cells producing Melanin and provides colour to skin..

As you said you have patches on your arms immediate initiation of treatment can help in preventing progression and can also help in faster resolution..

The medications advised to you that is betnasol forte that contains active ingredient Betamethasone will help in reducing the destruction of the melanin producing cells by supressing body's self immunity and Momoz ointment that contains steroid mometasone will help in repigmentation of depigmented skin..

In case if you do not get results in a period of about 2 to 3 months consult a Dermatologist and get evaluated and he can do a thorough clinical evaluation and also advise investigations like biopsy from the depigmented areas..
You can also be advised spot Oxsoralen therapy..
PUVA photochemotherapy can also be benificial..
In case of small areas skin grafting can also be advised if other mechanisms does not help..

Hope this information helps..

Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora.