Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Aortic Root Enlargement

I have had a congenital heart disease since I was born. I recently saw my cardiologist and found out that my aortic root is enlarged. I will need surgery in approximately 3-5 years to repair or replace it. I have recently started to feel a very slow throbbing in the area of my heart. I don't want to jump to conclusions but I am not sure if this is serious or not. Should I wait to see if this persists or is this a symptom that should receive immediate attention?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Mar 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  491
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

None can ever diagnose if something is wrong with your heart provided this information and symptoms. That mild throbbing might be of normal heart beat itself. so a physical evaluation could only rule out what could be wrong if any.

Answered: Tue, 2 Mar 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor