Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

148 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Anybody diagnosed with PVC (premature ventrical contractions)?

I was diagnosed with PVC and was put on a beta blocker. I dont think the problem has changed. I usually get them when i am over tired. Also the meds have made me gain weight and i think that also is causing the problem to persist. Just wanted to chat with someone in regards to their symtoms
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Hello Linda, Occaisional PVC's are really nothing to worry about. They are common and even expected in the super atheletes. The marathon runners have a very low heart rate and frequent PVC's. When you have to do something is when they happen enough that it causes you be be dizzy or light headed. Then they can give you a medication to help out. The other time that is significant is when there are a bunch of them connected to gether, this is called V-tach, (ventricular tachycardia) and then something needs to be done. Just follow your doctors advice and relax...
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....