Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

128 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Any surgery is there to cure Nystagmus problem ?

Hi, pl tell me the cure for Nystagmus problem... any surgery or contact lens etc. Its very urgent... pl help...
Thu, 8 Sep 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
please specify nystagmus is congenital or acquired .if congenital how much is you vision and whether thereis any face can have nystagmus surgery or use prism after consulting squint surgeon.please tell me in which part of india you are then only i can suggest you name of good nystagmus surgeon.
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
first find out ur cause of nystagmus after consulting a opthalmologist.Removing the inciting cause if possible (eg, intracranial tumors, ocular media opacities).if refractory errors are there it should be cured first bcz it may be the cause of nystagmus.extraocular muscle surgery may be helpful. but follow the advice of opthalamologist.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....