Any suggestions on treatment of scratch on chin of child?

Hi. My one year old daughter got to close to my dog well he was eating and he slapped at her. It was only a small scratch and wasn't deep at all right under her chin. We cleaned it really good and covered it up ,although she did not keep the band aid on long. Now she has a lump under the skin and it is red. It does not seem to bother her unless we poke at it. Any suggestions about what it might be or what we could do to make it better?
Thu, 16 Jan 2014

Thanks for writing to health care magic.
I can understand your concern.

Please consult your doctor for a antirabies prophylaxis. You should not neglect this. If proper vaccination is done with DPT you may not give a TT or else tetanus prophylaxis should also be given

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
M.D.(Pediatrics)
Associate Professor of Pediatrics